Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dem Bones, Dem Bones

One Saturday, in early May, we went to my Aunt's house, then after a long day headed home.  3 hungry amped up kids = chaos.  Bella has a bad habit of standing in her high chair and dancing while eating.  So this particular day was filled with screams, cries, loud laughter, dancing and me attempting to soothe and comfort Noah while asking (or yelling by this point) Bella to sit down and eat as well as asking (or yelling by this point) Beau to stop screaming his dinner demands at me.  And in between all that, Beau and Bella were laughing, singing and screaming at each other throughout the meal.  Thus causing the volume level to be at an all time high.  The Result - 1 Broken Radius.  Bella fell from her chair and landed on her hand wrong.

It took a very long time to calm her down, but we just gave her Motrin and she seemed to be okay.  Maybe just a bruise.  After another long day, church and dinner night with the Kesterson's at our house, Bella was still complaining her arm hurt.  So Monday morning I called the doctor and they told me to come in after my bible study.  

Since Bella was still using her arm/hand, the doctor didn't put her hand/arm in splint (believing it wasn't broken) and as a precautionary method sent us to have X-Rays done.  Dragging 3 kids from doctor's office to doctor's office was no fun.  I heard a lot of "I'm hungry" "I'm thirsty" "Stop touching me" "I was playing with that" "I can't see the video," (thank God for iPhones) and "I have to pee."  The having to pee was my favorite.  For you parents of more than 1 child you understand how hard it is to pile your whole family in a public restroom while helping one child pee and yelling at the other to not to touch everything else in the room.  AND please do not touch your infant brother with your nasty hands.  After waiting for hours, then sitting with Bella during the X-Rays all while she screamed bloody murder, we all headed back home.  After being home for a few hours, we were asked to come back to Modesto to have a splint put on her hand as it was in fact broken.  So, back we all went.  


Tuesday, Bella received her Pink Cast and 2 weeks later the cast was removed.  Sigh!  I'm glad that's over with.  

Bella before the fall.

Bella with her splint.

Bella and her pink cast.


No comments: