Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Man Vs. Food

One of our favorite shows is Man vs. Food. Joel seems to like it a bit more than me and has taken to critiquing every meal he has at a restaurant. For example, "this pasta is both buttery and creamy, yet has just the right amount of spice to create an explosion of flavors in your mouth." Of course he has no idea what he's talking about, but it doesn't stop him.

On an episode of M v. F he visited The Crab Pot in Seattle, so of course we had to stop there during our visit to Washington. The food was delicious and well worth making our 2 day drive even longer. The serve you by dumping your order in the middle of the table. Then you go at it with a mallet and board. I cracked all my crab before eating, whereas Joel cracked and ate as he went along. I think he was a bit jealous of me at the end of the meal when I had a huge pile of crab in front of me. Oh well...live and learn.

Our next M v. F adventure will take place here at home. On one episode Adam has to eat 3 meters of Bratwurst. I told Joel I could do that, and of course we ended up betting on if I could in fact eat 3 meters of Bratwurst. The good thing is I can choose what brand, flavor, etc of brat I will be eating. Should be a piece of cake, right? We haven't had our showdown yet due to that fact that Joel said it wasn't fair while I was in my first trimester [you see, I can (or could) eat a horse]. Now that I'm getting bigger I'm not sure I can handle that amount of food. We'll see. Maybe we should just do it and get it over with. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VANESSA - DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH 3 METERS OF BRATS THAT IS?????? I THINK I AM WITH JOEL,CAN I GET IN ON THAT BET?

JANET

Name: Josh and Amy said...

Um, I have to agree with Janet. Josh just told me how long 3 meters is ... 9ft+ is pretty long. I'd love to be there - sounds like quite a show!