Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Big ONE!

On September 14, Beau turned 1! It's hard to believe a year has already gone by. Lots of new developments between 11 & 12 months. He can point to his nose and eyes AND he has two teeth. He's still about 6 teeth behind, but hopefully he'll catch up soon.

We had a small BBQ to celebrate his big day. Unfortunately I didn't plan very well and we had to wake him from his afternoon nap to party. He was pretty grouchy the remainder of the day. In fact, I'm not sure I have any smiling pictures. We started off the party by me accidentally allowing him to snap himself in the face with his party hat (major tears), he perked up when Uncle Mark and Aunt Kaeli gave him a new football, started crying again when Kate tried to play with him...basically that's the way the entire evening went. Tears off and on.

Joel and I made his cake all by ourselves, which is why we don't have any close up pictures (we like to hide our flaws). I made the shape and did the white frosting, which Joel did the red stitching. Beau didn't seem to like it very much, nor did he seem to like the cupcake we gave him on his actual birthday. We all know he doesn't get his lack of love for sweets from me.

2 comments:

Name: Josh and Amy said...

Happy birthday, Beau!! The cake looks really cute - and delicious

Unknown said...

Yay for Beau! His cake looks sooo cute. And he is just the cutest little boy. I love it! Can you believe he's already a year?!

How are you prego?

Hugs, Jacinda