Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Christa's Birthday Trip to Tortuga

Last year we took a trip to Tortuga for Christa's birthday, we had so much fun we thought we'd do it again this year.  If there is one thing we learned from this year's trip.  You cannot recreate a perfect trip. We had a number of things go wrong from the start.

Getting there was a chore for me because we spent the morning at the doctor's office with Bella and Noah, the to pharmacies filling prescriptions.  So, I was a ball of nerves when I finally arrived.

Here's a list of things that happened.
  1. I sliced my finger pretty bad right away.
  2. Bella was on round the clock breathing treatments (yes, all night long).
  3. Noah had an ear infection, horrible diarrhea from his antibiotics which caused a diaper rash.
  4. Mom backed into the garage wall with my car
  5. We got snowed in.
  6. Melissa had a flat tire.
  7. Christa found out a good friend passed away.
  8. Melissa fell on the icy driveway and hit her head.
  9. Beau bit his finger while eating french fries and broke the skin. - Drama!

There were a number of additional little things, but you get the point.  Not everything was horrible.  In typical Williams Girl fashion we brought a series to watch, Downton Abbey, and of course we LOVED IT!  But I think I can speak for all of us when I say we were happy when the weekend ended.

Melissa's iPad was a lifesaver this trip.

Bella playing games while doing her breathing treatment.

Beau's iPad drawing for Joel. 

Bella and Joel signing I LOVE YOU as they said goodbye over Facetime.

Playing in the snow.




 The aftermath of mom running into the wall.

Oh, did I mention in order to get out and go home we had to have AAA tow our cars up the driveway. Here's a snip it of my car on the move. (video)


1 comment:

Jimmy, Jenny, Caleb, and Landon said...

My favorite is the i love you sign on Facetime :) So sweet.