Thursday, February 16, 2012

7 & 8 Months Pregnant

January was a SUPER busy month for us. Tons and tons of work to be done, the entire household had a nasty case of the flu, Joel took a trip to Cabo with his family while I visited my mom in Placerville, and the list goes on. Needless to say, I forgot to take my 7 month preggers picture or give you an update. So, here goes.

7 Months
As of 7 months I've gained about 35 lbs and the baby is growing steadily. I'm basically on the same growth schedule I was with Bella. I had my glucose test and passed with flying colors. The test was actually really relaxing. I was able to catch up on my bible study during my hour alone. At my 6 month update I mention 2 problems, Garlic and my back. Well, I'm sorry to report that garlic is still an issue. BUT Joel bought me a body pillow (one of those U shaped ones that goes around your entire body) and my back problems have vanished. As of 7 months, I'm feeling pretty good.

8 Months
As of 8 months I've gained about 40 lbs. I have aches and pains all over, including shooting pains down my right side and sitting for long periods of time does not do a body good. I'm in total complain mode. Woe is me! I'm ready to have this baby. But according to my appt my body hasn't made any progress. So I guess I'll suck it up and wait.

8 Month Pictures

Induction
We asked the doctor if I don't have the baby by my due date, March 11, if we could induce on March 12 in an effort to have a little breathing room between the baby being born and Bella's birthday on March 18. She said according to a new law, they are unable to induce until 41 weeks which puts my induction date on March 18. Say What! So obviously if we get to that point, we'll ask for the 19th just so each of our kids can have their own special day. But let's hope the baby comes on his/her own before my due date.

4 comments:

Name: Josh and Amy said...

Wow,V! I'll be praying that Baby arrives before Bella's bday. Even if you feel awful, you look super cute!

Coldani Family said...

You look great!! ALL belly!! Best of luck for a smooth delivery!! xoxo

Rhames Family said...

Looking good! Hope the last month is smooth:) When did the new law go into effect? I was induced 2 days after my due date last year...

Joel and Vanessa said...

Cat, I'm not sure when the law changed. Knowing my luck, it was January 1st. :) Oh well.