Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Freezer Meals

In preparation for the baby's arrival, we had a cooking day. My mom, Melissa and I got together and cooked 10 recipes (times 3) to freeze and use during the baby's first month. We expect each meal to last 2 days which will give us 20 meals. We ended up making extra, so I have a little more than expected. Being 9 months pregnant, it turned out to be a SUPER hard day. Every inch of my body was swollen and in pain by the end of the day. You'd think it would have induced labor, but no such luck.

But, that said, we learned a lot and we're hoping to make freezer meals on a regular basis. I could use a lifestyle change. Making dinner every night for the family is starting to become more and more difficult. It will be nice to have some ready made meals at my fingertips.

This is just one recipe. As you can see, we made more than 3 because we had extra ingredients. So each family took home more than 1.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Freezer meals, what a great idea! You Williams's are so smart! I can't wait to meet your newest little addition! You look great by the way! oxo~L

Hotel Nami Residency said...

hey i also Freeze the meals really its a good idea & this more useful in some times i get late than this time its useful ......