Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Amazing Birthday

For my 30th birthday, my family and friends surprised me with The Amazing Race adventure. We had 8 teams of two, a mandatory rest stop (aka lunch) and an undisputed winner. JOEL and I!!! It was so much fun and probably the best birthday I've ever had, and I've had some great birthdays. We had challenges ranging from finding certain price tags in a huge furniture store (needle in a haystack), to a scavenger hunt all over Lodi. We even had a golf challenge which Joel nailed, pushing us into the lead - sorry Josh and Amy. I wish I had more pictures, but I was too busy winning the Amazing Race!

The entire gang: Pink Team - Aunt Melody, Cousins Rachel and Janelle; Dark Blue Team - Courtland and Melissa; Red Team - Christa and Chris; Winning Team - Joel and I; Dark Green Team - Steve and Barbie; Turquoise Team - Mom (Darla) and Jim Chuck; Yellow Team - Joey and Lisa; Green Team - Josh and Amy.
Kimi made me one Amazing cake!
Yes... I think I may have spit a little on it. We didn't eat the fondant.
The challenge that caused Melissa the most grief. Move the cookie from your forehead to mouth and eat it without using your hands. Jim Chuck and mom were the 2nd to last team to finish.
Melissa and Court were the last team to finish. Hey, there's always next year.

No comments: