Saturday, August 7, 2010

Old Friends, New Adventures

Jenny turned 30 a few weeks ago (get the double meaning in the title...haha). To celebrate, Jenny, Joey, Joel and I headed to San Francisco for the night. Leland and Janet got us hotel rooms and tickets to see Wicked. We had such a blast. I loved the play and it was great getting away for the night.


Before the trip, Joel spent a little time on Yelp and came across this park for children with a cement slide. People in their 30's were talking about how it's so fun and all you need to do is take your own cardboard to sit on. When we got there, a few little boys were showing us how it's done...without the cardboard. The slide didn't look like much, but once we saw the kids go down we became a little intimidated.

Joel was first, then Joey, then me, then Jenny and Joey raced. Everyone but Jenny used the cardboard. Using the cardboard turned out to be a dumb move. We flew down the slide, off the end and landed smack on our bums. I felt my brain rattle inside my head and think I may have even got a little whiplash. AND it took a week for my butt bruises to go away. Jenny was smart to go last without the cardboard. Needless to say, it is an experience we'll never forget.








2 comments:

Name: Josh and Amy said...

That slide looks like wicked-fun! (Get it?, "wicked!") Can I just say that Joel is not very good with the video camera? We missed most of your turn down the slide, V, because he was laughing and pointing the camera at his shoes :-D

kelly said...

Oh my...Joel's face was classic! I was laughing out loud!!!
Hilarious...And I do agree he is much like trevor with the video camera.