Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pregnancy Update

I'm still pregnant...

Last week during our 40 week check up our doctor recommended we schedule an induction for this week (41 weeks). Joel and I went ahead and scheduled the induction, hoping and praying I'd go into labor on my own. If not, we'd be seen one last time (today), hoping that I'd made progress and we could cancel the induction. Unfortunately we discovered that I haven't made any progress in the past 6 weeks and so we are going to move forward with the induction.

So, I'm being admitted to the hospital tomorrow night (Wednesday) for... well let's just say "prep work." If all goes well this prep work will send me into labor on my own. If not, they'll start me on pitocin to get my contractions going and hopefully by Thursday sometime we'll have a new baby.

We are obviously bummed that this baby doesn't want to come out on his/her own, but we are thrilled that there is finally an end in sight. We look forward to meeting our new addition and introducing him/her to you.

Here is my 40 week picture. Although the scale hasn't changed much, I think my face continues to grow bigger and bigger. What up with dat? .... oh What up with dat? (that's for all you SNL lovers out there).

No comments: